The battle of being an individual
I suppose that I have tried to define myself by the things that make me different. My veganism. My willingness to pick up any song by Billy Joel and love it. The way my hair is never really quite the way I want it. My perchance for out-doorsy stuff. My love of making and saving money.
But then again, are these things really different?
Today I worked to save up for uni. Quite a daunting reality, but something that I hope will be easy for me to manage if I plan things out right. I am currently in a big transition phase in my life. My schooling years have ended. I am now waiting for uni to physically begin. You see, I got so bored with working, working, working, that I decided to have a little interlude - study a Bachelor of Arts in Politics. Very exciting! Although I have my heart set on med, I felt that this would be a great opportunity to knock over some units online whilst I have the spare time. Yikes, I suppose this is what the world is coming to - completing uni degrees from the bedroom. Today my piano teacher was telling me that the more that you focus on remembering small pieces of info, the better. Apparently today in schools we are getting too comfortable with just looking up info. THIS IS BAD! We need to still remember stuff.
Looking around other blogs these days, it seems that everyone wants to have something that everyone will remember them by. It is quite desperate, and I suppose I am just one of the masses.
I suppose that I have tried to define myself by the things that make me different. My veganism. My willingness to pick up any song by Billy Joel and love it. The way my hair is never really quite the way I want it. My perchance for out-doorsy stuff. My love of making and saving money.
But then again, are these things really different?
Today I worked to save up for uni. Quite a daunting reality, but something that I hope will be easy for me to manage if I plan things out right. I am currently in a big transition phase in my life. My schooling years have ended. I am now waiting for uni to physically begin. You see, I got so bored with working, working, working, that I decided to have a little interlude - study a Bachelor of Arts in Politics. Very exciting! Although I have my heart set on med, I felt that this would be a great opportunity to knock over some units online whilst I have the spare time. Yikes, I suppose this is what the world is coming to - completing uni degrees from the bedroom. Today my piano teacher was telling me that the more that you focus on remembering small pieces of info, the better. Apparently today in schools we are getting too comfortable with just looking up info. THIS IS BAD! We need to still remember stuff.
Looking around other blogs these days, it seems that everyone wants to have something that everyone will remember them by. It is quite desperate, and I suppose I am just one of the masses.

Comments
Post a Comment