If I were to combine all my favourite things/activities/opportunities in the world into one picture frame, it would look like this:


It would be morning -  6.01am . I would be riding my bike. To my left, I would have The coastline, crystal blue. To my right, my grandmother. She would be on her electric scooter, keeping up with me. We would be speaking in French, and snacking on frozen grapes. My grandmother would have a zip lock bag of grapes in her scooter basket, which she would periodically throw in a parabolic fashion into my mouth. Ideally, whilst riding my bike, I would be able to catch every single one of them without crashing into anything in front of me. We would be listening to Mozart's Sonata for Two Piano's in D Minor. I do not know where the music would be coming from, I haven't thought that far into my fantasy yet. I have no idea where we were travelling - and that ignorance is quite deliberate. I do not want to know. The beauty of that moment is that we are so alive, that it doesn’t really matter where we are headed.



The foundations for this image came to me when I was riding home from uni one Tuesday on my bike. Just in front of me, a couple were enjoying the last moments of dusk as the sun set on Moore Park. However, this could were not like any other that was out at that time. The woman was casually pedalling away on her bicycle, whilst the man was sitting back in his electric scooter. Bike and scooter designed in matching shades of red paint, were bound together. They were keeping up with each other with incredible ease and surety. Chatting, smiling, laughing. Living.

Comments

Popular Posts