Important things that I have come to realise
I see all these
posts on Facebook posing the question - where are you going to be in 30 years
time? One of the suggested options was Working
in Taiwan with the President of the
United States. I cannot quite see
myself in high definition at 48 yet. Perhaps that is a good thing.
All that I am sure
of at the moment is that I am enjoying every day that comes. Each experience
that I have I cherish, because I know that in some way, how I approach that
experience will contribute towards the kind of day that I will have tomorrow.
If I have an outlook of appreciation, then I will be justly rewarded.
The truth is, I am
someone who has just gotten their green P's. I am literally a green shoot, I am
so new to this game. However, this is a
potential for gaining knowledge, rather than a set back. I don't ever want to
think of time as something I have to fill. I am lucky to have the time that I
do have, because I am able to make choices about how I want to spend it. I
suppose you could say that I have fallen in love… with life. If I try to
imagine what it would be like if I was not in love with life, I feel lost. Is
this a belief that is formed on a sustainable basis? I do not really care.
I have come to
accept that I do not really care so much about what other people think about
me, and I suppose that this is because, at the end of the day, I cannot
control. their feelings. To be happy, what I really need to do is just be the
best person that I can be.
One of my favourite
things to say at the moment is I do what I
want, when I want. I like saying this not for the rebellious nature of
this statement, but because it underpins a good attitude towards life. Don't
bow to peer-pressure, it will eventually break your back. The way I interpret
this life motto is - if you want to be a nice person, try to be a nice person,
and don't feel foolish (I often have) when people say that you are all fluff
and are just trying to avoid difficult situations by being 'too nice'. If
someone tells you to do something that you don't agree with, don't do it. But
also try to match up needs with wants, so that they are almost the same thing,
if you can. So, for example, if you are trying to get motivated to write that
report, or finish that study summary, you should say to yourself, I really WANT to finish this essay now, so that I
can go and ride my bike later. There are also things that we think of as
wants, but they are actually needs. If you want to go to the beach to get some
headspace, maybe that is actually better classified as something you NEED to
do.

Comments
Post a Comment