Our environment

When the world runs out of elasticity…I will still have clean clothes. Thanks Dad.
 Having to pay an electricity bill is actually one of the greatest ways to make you appreciate climate change. Earlier in the year, I learnt in one of our courses that the way to make people do what is good for them and for the world in general, is to put a tax on the activity that is not so good for them. So using this method, let's introduce an incredibly high electricity tax that the PM is obliged to pay. Haha.

The truth is, I am not nearly enough environmentally minded, although I would like to think of myself in that way. I know all about solar panels, but since I am renting in a block of apartments, it is a bit difficult to get something like that into motion. I know, I don’t have many excuses since I live on the top floor, but it is so difficult to get anything that you want done through a strata agreement. It is literally painfully  difficult.

In terms of food miles, I am probably racking up a few thousand each day. Again, the whole strata agreement makes it tough to have a vegie garden, and I am not really living a life abundant with time. It seemed to get chewed through incredibly quickly to be honest. And to be honest, I really love using the washing machine at the end of my hallway. It is a social activity, a potential opportunity to meet new faces, and to see what other people enjoy wearing. Well, maybe not so much the latter.


I have also dreamt of creating a university herb garden, but as of yet, this plan has not come to fruition.  I'll keep you updated on it though. My plan was to have some thriving coriander and rosemary plants that students could graze on throughout lunch time. Maybe add a little parsley to their pumpkin soup. A very healthy and social way to eat.


I did try to introduce hammocks into Wallace Wurth (the medical building at UNSW), but to no avail. My plan was to fill the available place with hammocks that students could relax and study in. Apparently they are an Occupational Health and Safety Risk. Oh well, you can't win them all.

Comments

Popular Posts