Rational Reasons for My Dislike of Cats
You
might not know this, but every night about
a million feral cats demolish another million members of native wildlife.
Already, 20 species have become endangered/extinct at the paws of these small
furry animals. I think that dogs win the dog vs cat war because dogs are
incredibly useful. How insanely difficult would it be if you were blind and had
no guide dog? I can’t even begin to imagine. I have nothing against cat
ownership to be honest, I just hope that everyone who owns a cat remembers to
put a bell on it.
Being a WIRES
volunteer might have something to do with my dislike of cats. To be honest,
after quite a long time in the organisation, I do not think that I have ever
met anyone who actually likes cats. The amount of injured birds that we are
called to as a result of cat attacks is far too many.
There are over 100
species of native animals in Australia that are threatened by feral cats. Feral
cats have caused the decline of many land-based endangered animals such as the
bilby, bandicoot, bettong and the numbat. Feral cats can also carry infectious
diseases, which are then transmitted to native animals. I suppose that domestic
cats are not all that bad, but feral cats are a bit….unsavoury for me.


Comments
Post a Comment